Here's what we're listening to:
Creative Pep Talk, Ep. 152: The most powerful marketing technique that's massively underused (Marketing Series Pt 3)—listen here.
- About: "Marketing can be so discouraging when you’re not focusing your efforts on what really works. In my experience there are only a few styles of marketing that really work today and one of them is ‘influencer marketing’. Influencer marketing is like ‘word of mouth’ on steroids. Now, if you can resist puking in your mouth at the sound of the word ‘influencer’, I think we can learn some things from this marketing style that will not only help us grow our creative careers but also do so in a way that is more positively human!"
Being Boss, Ep. 132: Maker Boss with Nicole Bisby—listen here.
- About: "Candlemaker, Nicole Bisby, shares the importance of starting small and growing slowly as a maker business to stay profitable, out of debt, and be true to your ideals. We’re talking about getting wholesale clients, white labeling your product, and hiring employees + setting up your business to be a successful business owner while being a mother."
NPR, How I Built This with Guy Raz—listen here.
- About: "How I Built This is a podcast about innovators, entrepreneurs, and idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built. Each episode is a narrative journey marked by triumphs, failures, serendipity and insight — told by the founders of some of the world's best known companies and brands. [A great listen] if you've ever built something from nothing, something you really care about — or even just dreamt about it."
Unconventional Life with Jules Schroeder, Ep. 107: Why Best Friends Make The Best Co-Founders: 3 Childhood Friends' Success Story—listen here.
(Fun Fact! Jules Schroeder is Suzy's cousin!!)
- About: "Unconventional Life, is ranked by CIO as the #1 podcast for entrepreneurs in 2017. It airs on the Forbes Under30 Channel, profiling successful millennial entrepreneurs, artists, creatives, and thought leaders who are defining success on their own terms. These individuals embody what it means to pioneer a new path in a new economy, using a new model to prosper and profit from doing what they are most passionate about"
Millionaire Mindcast, Ep. 121: Become a Millionaire in Your Mind First—listen here.
- About: "In this episode [the hosts] talk about: The "Curse of the White Rabbit," left brain vs. right brain, cracking the entrepreneur code, strengthening the muscle of contribution, how your emotional bank account is the leading indicator and how it ties into your financial bank account, what is poverty and what is wealth? The gravity well, Why you shouldn't "fake it till' ya make it," Peter's advice to his 20 y/o self If given a million dollars, where would he invest it ...and much more!"